A Quaker in Guatemala

Sunday, November 07, 2004

The morning after :o(

Well, I haven't had a hangover like this one for quite a while. Last night was our leaving party, and it was great that so many people were able to drop in. It started at 2pm and finished at half 2 this morning. Wow! I'm quite proud of myself. I thought that such partying stamina had finished with my student days! .

When I see how worried those that care about me are, it feels as though going away is a selfish extravagance that just makes people feel worried and miserable. What can I do to make them feel better? I don't know. Just take care and stay in touch I suppose, and accept that they are worried, and they are allowed to be. And hope that they will forgive me for making them feel this way! :o(

Yes, today feels very strange, the house eerily empty, and transforming, because it belongs to S and K now.

I am quite surprised that I haven't had my recurring missing passport dream at all in these preparations. It's a dream that I have had pretty regularly over the past 10 years. I'm at the airport, just about to go through passport control, and I realise that I haven't got my passport, and that all my plans are ruined for the want of a small book of paper pages with a hideous photo of self in the back. I must remember to take it with me tomorrow .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home